Up-to-date information about COVID-19 in the Sacramento County can be found at this link.
Digital Learning Days
Celebrating our Seniors!
Friday, March 29 – Virtual Celebration at www.youtube.com/kbft
Part One of our Graduation Celebration
9:00 a.m. – A Prayer Service honoring our senior class will take place at the time our traditional Baccalaureate Mass would have happened. Please gather your family for this special prayer service. A candle and worship aid were included in the care package you received last Friday.
7:00 p.m. – “Celebrating our Seniors” Virtual Ceremony: Gather with family at home, don your cap and gown, and tune in to www.youtube.com/kbft for a live broadcast celebrating the Class of 2020. This broadcast will feature remarks by faculty, students and a farewell address by President Lorcan Barnes. It will also include a retrospective look at the past four years, as well as a photo montage of graduating seniors. When your name and image appear on screen, your family can celebrate your moment with you.
Friday, June 5 through Monday, June 8 – Diploma Ceremony
Part Two of our Graduation Celebration by Individual Appointment
Once again, don your cap and gown, arrive at CB at your designated time for a formal conferral of your actual diploma in the George Cunningham ’40 Performing Arts Center. Prior to entering the theater, you will have a formal photo op on campus in front of the Senior Wall, along with other celebratory activities planned.
Family members will join their graduate in the George Cunningham ’40 Performing Arts Center, and parents may personally present the diploma to their graduate. A professional photographer will be on hand to capture the moment. The ceremony will be filmed and edited together to include full procession of graduates.
Please sign up for your appointment using the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050849aaa62da4ff2-cbdiploma. You will later receive a confirmation email with directions on parking and entering campus.
In preparation for the upcoming school year, we ask that you update all student information on FinalForms and ensure that forms are signed by August 1, 2020. We know that getting physicals is a challenge for our student-athletes during this time, so we are not asking you to make appointments for them during our shelter in place order. This reminder is simply to get our student-athletes ready for their respective sports and have no delay come fall and the start of the season.
The CB Clothes Closet assists families who need support obtaining acceptable school wear. Please consider donating gently used CB shirts and sweatshirts, college sweatshirts, and dress code appropriate shorts and pants to the closet. Torn, cut, and frayed apparel and out of dress code items will not be accepted. We are unable to accept formal wear for Homecoming and Upper Division Ball due to storage space limitations. If you have items that you wish to donate, please wash and bring them to school during the locker clean-out days (May 26, 27, 28) or the Seniors’ Graduation Cap and Gown Parade on May 26. Thank you for considering a donation!
For students who are registered for the June 13th ACT: this message applies to you.
In efforts to keep our students and staff as safe as possible during this pandemic, Christian Brothers High School has decided to NOT be a testing site for the June 13th ACT national testing date. If you are registered for this test date, or were registered for the previously cancelled April 4th test date, ACT will contact you with alternate testing locations.
For further information regarding ACT’s national test dates, registration and re-scheduling, please contact ACT at 800-553-6244 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let Ms. Emily McDougall know.
Great job navigating this new world of AP exams, and a special shout out to those who had trouble uploading and submitting their answers. You are all troopers who have shown an amazing amount of hard work and perseverance. Ms. McClellan is continuing to work with College Board on resolving these issues.
Below are the latest updates from AP. If you have trouble submitting answers, AP will automatically prompt you to email your answers. Also, to keep this from happening, please update your web browser and use a laptop or desktop, if possible. You can update your browser at this link.
Submitting Exam Responses
We share the deep disappointment of students who were unable to submit responses.
- Beginning Monday, May 18, and continuing through the makeup window, there will be a backup email submission process for browser-based exams.
- This option will only be available for students who were not able to submit in the standard process—and they must then email their responses immediately following their exam.
- These students will see instructions about how to email their response on the page that says, “We Did Not Receive Your Response.” The email address that appears on this page will be unique to each student.
- Any student testing between May 18–22 who can’t successfully upload their response through the exam platform or send it to us by email, will need to request a makeup exam.
- To protect the security and validity of exams, we’re unable to accept submissions from students who tested May 11–15. However, these students can feel confident that the email option will be in place for them during the makeup exams.
- Email submissions will not be available for the World Language exams.
Founder’s Day celebration (Friday, May 22)
Locker clean-out: Locker clean-out will be happening on May 26, 27 and 28. Students were sent a class-specific Schoology message with a link to sign up for a time to return to campus. Thank you to those who have already signed up. Please encourage your student to sign up as soon as possible to ensure a time that best fits your family schedule. When students are on campus, we require everyone to wear face masks and practice physical distancing. We ask students to please return all sports uniforms, musical instruments, choral tuxedos and gowns, and anything else that needs to be returned to CB. Also, encourage your student to pick up their artwork or any other personal belongings while on campus. If you have any questions about locker clean-out, please contact Mrs. Cecilia Powers, dean of students, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prayer Resources from Campus Minister Mrs. Jen Yearwood
During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, Campus Ministry is providing daily Monday-Friday resources that may be helpful in providing some faith-based reflection and spiritual nourishment. These are simple reflections based on a song meant to provide a few moments of peace, meditation and reflection. Additionally, you can find tribute videos that have been created during this time.
- Morning Prayers
- Midday Mountaintop Moments
- Tribute Videos (medical workers, faculty and staff)
- Tribute Video (essential workers)
- “Fun at Proms – Blast from the Past” with CB’s faculty and staff
Wellness Information and Resources from Wellness Counselor Mrs. Emily McDougall
- Wellness Wednesday message (April 1, 2020)
- Wellness Wednesday message (April 22, 2020)
- Wellness Wednesday message (April 29, 2020)
- Wellness Wednesday message (May 6, 2020)
- Wellness Wednesday message (May 13, 2020)
- California Department of Education’s resources for help for students in crisis
Technology Resources from Educational Technology Specialist Ms. Brittany Williams
- How will my student learn? We are continuing to support instruction through a variety of digital and non-digital materials, activities, and resources via Schoology. The resources include a combination video- conferencing, video-lessons, digital games, independent work, and more.
- Will there be final exams this year? There would be no final exams this school year.
- How do I access Schoology? You must have a parent account to access your students Schoology account. Click here if you need to create an account.
- How do I log in into my parent Schoology account on a mobile app? Click here for an instructional video.
- How can we obtain school transcripts and teacher recommendations now that schools will be closed for the remainder of the year? Students and families should contact their school counselor to discuss how best to obtain this information. School counselors are available during school hours and are happy to assist. Contact Registrar Becky Woods ’02 for transcripts.