We are excited to officially welcome students to campus for classes beginning on Tuesday, October 20. We will do so adhering to the guidelines and recommendations of the County of Sacramento Department of Public Health and California Department of Public Health and utilizing our Red/Blue HyFlex model in which half of our students are on site on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and the other half on Thursdays and Fridays.
Return to School Resources and Information
2020-2021 HyFlex Second Quarter Class Schedule (begins Monday, October 19, 2020)
Back to School Guide (Overview of Reopening Plan)
Student Symptom Decision Tree (from Sacramento County Public Health)
Ensuring a Safe Campus
Before entering campus, all students will need to show proof of completing the daily health screening on the Safely Back to School app. This will need to be done every day before coming to campus.
Instructions for Installing and Using the Safely Back to School App:
1. Download the Safely Back to School app to the student’s phone or iPad. This is found in the App Store. You may need your Apple ID to download.
2. Students must sign into the Safely Back to School app using their student CB email username and password. The app will not work, and students will not be allowed on campus unless the CB email username and password are used. Reminder: Your school email includes the @cbhs-sacramento.org domain.
3. Once in the app, select the student option and enter your school email address and password.
4. A 6-digit PIN will be sent to your CB email for confirmation. Follow all prompts.
5. Watch the KBFT video that shows how to use the Safely Back to School app.
If you have any questions about your CB email, username or Safely Back to School app, please email email@example.com.
We also ask that all students:
- Stay home if feeling sick. Go home if becoming ill.
- Wear a face covering when on campus – except when eating or drinking.
- Wash hands often, and for the recommended 20 seconds.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance whenever possible; when not possible, be sure to wear a face covering.
- Follow marked travel patterns when moving throughout campus.
If your student is unable to attend class for any reason, please contact the Attendance Office at 916-733-3625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes problems with power outages, Wi-Fi or any technology failure. Absences can only be excused when a parent or guardian contacts the Attendance Office.
In order to provide a safer and more streamlined online learning experience for our students, CB teachers will be using Microsoft Teams for all live classes and group meetings. We believe this change addresses some of the privacy, security, and uniformity concerns that arose in the spring while teachers were using a variety of platforms to deliver information and instruction.
Checking for assigned homework on Schoology and grade postings on PowerSchool regularly continues to be the most efficient and accurate way to monitor your child’s school progress.
- For questions regarding access to PowerSchool, please contact Becky Woods ’02, registrar, at email@example.com.
- For questions regarding access to Schoology, please contact Fred Jaravata, educational technology specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For student technology support, please send an email to email@example.com.