We officially welcomed students back to campus for classes on Tuesday, October 20 in adherence to the guidelines and recommendations of the County of Sacramento Department of Public Health and California Department of Public Health and utilization of our Red/Blue HyFlex model in which half of our students are on site on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and the other half on Thursdays and Fridays.
Student Symptom Decision Tree (from Sacramento County Public Health)
Ensuring a Safe Campus
Before entering campus, all students will need to show proof of completing the daily health screening on the Safely app. This will need to be done every day before coming to campus.
Instructions for Installing and Using the Safely app:
1. Download the Safely app to the student’s phone or iPad. This is found in the App Store. You may need your Apple ID to download.
2. Students must sign into the Safely Back to School app using their student CB email username and password. The app will not work, and students will not be allowed on campus unless the CB email username and password are used. Reminder: Your school email includes the @cbhs-sacramento.org domain.
3. Once in the app, select the student option and enter your school email address and password.
4. A 6-digit PIN will be sent to your CB email for confirmation. Follow all prompts.
5. Watch the KBFT video that shows how to use the Safely Back to School app.
If you have any questions about your CB email, username or Safely Back to School app, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also ask that all students:
- Stay home if feeling sick. Go home if becoming ill.
- Wear a face covering when on campus – except when eating or drinking.
- Wash hands often, and for the recommended 20 seconds.
- Maintain physical distancing from others whenever possible.
- Follow marked travel patterns when moving throughout campus.
All employees; students in Cohorts A, B, and D; and student-athletes are expected to be tested for COVID-19 on campus once a week. If students do not get tested on their designated days, parents/guardians will be notified, and those students will transition to distance learning until the next time they are tested on campus.
The on-campus COVID-19 testing expectations are as follows:
- Faculty, staff, and student-athletes* test on Monday mornings between 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. in the Jack Witry Field House
- Cohort B students test after school on Tuesdays between 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Koppes Plaza
- Cohort A students test after school on Thursdays between 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Koppes Plaza
- Cohort D students continue to test with their originally assigned cohort.
- Students in Cohort C who are not student-athletes are welcome to participate in the weekly testing on any of the days listed above.
Per CIF guidelines, the testing schedule for indoor student-athletes may vary from week to week. Please follow the instructions of your coaches or the Athletic Department.
If you have any questions or concerns about the testing process, please contact email@example.com.
Sacramento County Public Health (SCPH) asked that we share the following information with families or students (ages 16+) interested in being vaccinated: Available COVID-19 vaccine clinics are listed on the SCPH web page with a reminder that only Pfizer is approved for 16 and 17 year olds.
Return to School Resources and Information
Back to School Guide (Overview of Reopening Plan)
If your student is unable to attend class for any reason, please contact the Attendance Office at 916-733-3625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes problems with power outages, Wi-Fi or any technology failure. Absences can only be excused when a parent or guardian contacts the Attendance Office.
Checking for assigned homework on Schoology and grade postings on PowerSchool regularly continues to be the most efficient and accurate way to monitor your child’s school progress.
- For questions regarding access to PowerSchool, please contact Becky Woods ’02, registrar, at email@example.com.
- For questions regarding access to Schoology, please contact Fred Jaravata, educational technology specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For student technology support, please send an email to email@example.com.