Frosh Welcome Night – April 10, 2019
Frosh Welcome Night will take place on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in the Jack Witry Field House. Welcome to our Christian Brothers family!
Class of 2023 Lock-In – Friday, August 9 to Saturday, August 10, 2019
All freshmen are invited to join us for one of the most memorable nights for all CB student. You won’t want to miss it! Registration is open online and can be accessed here. The cost is $10 per student.
Please view the Academic Calendar to find important dates for the 2019-20 school year.
CB is the place to be an artist. Media, visual and performing arts are essential components of a well-rounded CB education. More than half of the student body participates in the arts. Students can take classes in choir, band, KBFT (student-run television station), The Talon (online newspaper), theatre and visual arts. Theatre productions, Open Mic nights and student-led choirs, De La Femme and De La Dudes, are open to all students. Find more information about our media, visual and performing arts programs here.
- If your student is interested in playing a sport or joining the athletic training program next year, please complete and submit the Athletic Interest Form. You will then be contacted by coaches and program directors with more information about tryouts and meetings. Please note: application deadlines for the cheerleading and athletic training programs are in Spring 2019. Please contact Gloria Barela, athletics administrative assistant, with questions or concerns.
- Applications for incoming freshmen interested in participating in the Student Athletic Training program are due by April 26, 2019. Click here to review the policies and guidelines. Click here for the application. Please submit the application by email to Darci Calista, athletic trainer, or in person by visiting the Athletic Training Office at CB.
If you are interested in carpooling for the 2019-20 school year, please fill out the Carpool Interest Form and submit it to Rona Gordon via email. An email will be sent to you sometime in June listing all families who are interested in carpooling from your zip code. Once the carpool list has been distributed, it will be each family’s responsibility to arrange a carpool for their student(s).
Students wishing to challenge their placement in Math, Science or World Language are welcome to sit for challenge exams in the subject(s) of their choice.
- The world language challenge exams are scheduled for Friday, May 3 at 3:45 p.m. The tests will take between 30 and 45 minutes to complete. To sign up for the exam, please complete the world language challenge exam registration form. For any questions, please contact Anna Fernandez, world languages department chair.
- The math challenge exam is scheduled for Saturday, May 4 from 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. To sign up for the exam, please complete the math challenge exam registration form. For any questions, please contact Kristen Vathis, mathematics department chair.
- The science challenge exam is scheduled for Saturday, May 4 from 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. To sign up for the exam, please complete the science challenge exam registration form. For any questions, please contact Dave Levasseur, science department chair.
FinalForms Medical System Registration
FinalForms is the new web-based system we are using to track medical history, contact information and release forms for all of our students. All incoming freshmen must have a completed FinalForms enrollment by August 1, 2019. Students involved in formal summer activities, such as student leadership training and CIF sports team conditioning and practice, will have earlier due dates as determined by their program director or head coach. Information regarding FinalForms registration for the 2019-20 school year will be emailed to parents in the spring.
Freshman Class Council
If you are interested in applying for Student Council, please complete the application and submit it by Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
Selections will be made by interview with the Associated Student Body Council in early June. You will be assigned an interview time based on the number of applications received. Summer Student Council meetings will be optional; however, Student Council Camp on August 2-4 will be the first required event. We will hold a parent meeting in the summer to provide more information regarding this camp.
The summer reading list for all levels (FCP, CP and ACP) is available here.
Technology Boot Camp – Attendance is Mandatory
At the CB Tech Boot Camp, incoming freshmen will receive instructor-led basic iPad, digital citizenship and Schoology training to prepare for CB’s 1 to 1 iPad program. We will also give students knowledge about our school policies and procedures. Students are expected to bring their iPads and have their Apple ID created. Click here if you need to setup your Apple ID. We suggest students have their own email address and Apple ID.
All models should be 32G or greater and have iOS 12 or higher. Models suggested by our IT help desk are iPad Pro, iPad Pro 10.5-in, iPad, or iPad mini 4. Devices not supported by iOS 12 cannot be supported by the Christian Brothers IT help desk.
Tech Boot Camp Dates and Times
- Thursday, August 1 (9:00-11:00 a.m.)
- Friday, August 2 (9:00-11:00 a.m.)
- Monday, August 5 (9:00-11:00 a.m.)
- Wednesday, August 7 (9:00-11:00 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, August 8 (1:00-3:00 p.m.)
- Monday, August 12 (9:00-11:00 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, August 13 (1:00-3:00 p.m.)
At Christian Brothers, all students are required to take four semesters of a language in order to graduate. Colleges encourage six or more semesters of a language. CB offers Spanish, French and new to the 2019-20 school year, American Sign Language. More information about our world languages programs can be found here.