Christian Brothers High School is pleased to announce the use of Appryse for the 2018-2019 school year. Appryse is a web-based system to track medical history, contact information, and release forms for all CB students. A new feature allows up to two parents/guardians to have equal access to the same account and to receive all the same alerts and messages.
The deadline for new and returning students to complete Appryse enrollment is August 1, 2018. Students participating in CIF athletic practices and summer activities, like student leadership camp, will have earlier deadlines as determined by their coach or program director.
As parents, you will be able to enter all information online as well as upload the doctor physical forms if your child will participate in sports. Information can be updated throughout the year as it changes. This system benefits Christian Brothers High School in many ways, including the improvement of privacy for our families. Administrators, coaches and trainers use a smartphone, so in the event of an athletic injury, you will automatically be notified via phone, email and text message, simultaneously. During the school day, normal contact procedures will be followed.
Enrolling in Appryse (All Students)
For the 2018-2019 school year, all families must enroll in Appryse. Families with an existing account are required to create a new enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year. The information you entered last school year will be there; you will just have to review and update when submitting a new enrollment. All other families are required to create a new Appryse account and complete the enrollment. Families may enroll multiple students under the same account.
Athletic Clearance Package (Student Athletes)
If your son or daughter plans to join an athletic team or multiple teams at Christian Brothers the parent must sign their individual student consent for any athletic team through the green tryout button on your individual Appryse account. The green tryout button will only appear if the student’s enrollment has been accepted by the Christian Brothers staff.
All new and returning students who wish to participate in athletics, in addition to completing the enrollment, must have a valid doctor’s physical form on file. A blank doctor’s physical form can be downloaded from Appryse once you submit the enrollment. A completed doctor’s physical form must be uploaded or faxed to your Appryse account before the starting date of tryouts and practices of all sports. According to California Interscholastic Federation rules, the student must have this physical prior to trying out, practicing for or participating in interscholastic competition. Physicals are valid for one school year per CIF rules. It is the responsibility of the student-athlete to schedule the physical prior to the first day of tryouts or conditioning. It is strongly recommended that parents keep a copy of the competed form for their records.
- Make an appointment with your physician to have a physical evaluation exam.
- Complete the Appryse enrollment and print out the Doctor’s Physical Form with your unique Appryse bar code.
- Take the Doctor’s Physical Form with you to your doctor appointment. Once completed by your physician you must upload or fax the Doctor’s Physical form to Appryse. Note: This is the only form recognized by the Appryse system. Do not upload any other documents as they will not be attached to your records. Physicals must be dated after June 1, 2018.
Privacy and Security
- Appryse runs behind firewalls to protect is servers.
- All private medical history for students is encrypted in the database.
- All communication with Appryse from browsers and mobile devices uses SSL encryption.