Thank you to all who attended the Alumni Dinner and Awards on June 1.
The evening began in the Thea Stidum Theater with a ceremony that starts at 5:30 p.m. Members of the Class of 1969 in attendance were recognized, the Distinguished Alumni Awards were presented, and the Athletics Department Inductees to the Hall of Fame honored. Pictures from the event may be found on the CBHS Alumni Facebook page here.
The CB Athletic Department’s Hall of Fame Class of 2019 are:
- Jim McNamara ’47
- Joe Kirrene ’49
- Christian Brothers ’81 Varsity Football Team
- Chuck Chatfield ’54
- John McNamara ’50
- Frank McNamara ’51
- Joseph Gutierrez ’70
- Monty Buckley ’91
The Alumni Awards were presented to:
Rising Falcon Award
Viviana Becerra ’09
Alumni Service Award
Laine Himmelmann ’06
Outstanding Alumnus in the Arts
Bryan Caselli ’07
Outstanding Alumna in Community Engagement & Impact
Maritza Davis ’02
Outstanding Alumnus in Journalism/Communications
Larry Lee ’91
Please join us in congratulating them for their accomplishments! If you would like to nominate someone for recognition at next year’s event, please send contact Alumni Director Yolanda Torrecillas at (916) 733-3608 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events & Reunions
If your class year ends in a “4″ or a “9,” 2019 is a reunion year for you! If you’d like to lead the effort and help get your reunion party started, please contact Joan Schubert ’00, events coordinator, at email@example.com or (916) 733-3655.
- The Class of 1959 will celebrate their 60-year reunion on Saturday, September 28, 2019 at Christian Brothers High School. Class Contact: Jim Kassis ’59
- The Class of 1964 will hold its 55-year reunion on Saturday, October 19, 2019 at the Croatian American Cultural Center. Members of the Class of 1965 are welcome! To download the event flyer, please click here. Class Contact: Vince Angell ’64
- The Class of 1974 will have its 45-year reunion on Saturday, November 16 at Christian Brothers High School at 5 p.m. If you are interested in helping with planning, please contact Ed Niehaus ’74 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Class of 1969 will celebrate their 50-year reunion at Christian Brothers High School on Saturday, September 21, 2019. Class Contact: Dave Page ’69
- The Class of 2009 will have its 10-year reunion on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at Urban Roots Brewing Co. Tickets are $50 for hosted food and drinks and can be purchased at the https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=Ma7CJY. Please send slideshow photos to Natalie Reyes Boylan ’09 at email@example.com.
Save these Dates!
- Friday, September 6, 2019 – 32nd Annual Wine, Beer & Food Extravaganza
- Saturday, September 14, 2019 – Holy Bowl at Sacramento City College, Hughes Stadium
- Friday, October 11, 2019 – Homecoming Game at Sacramento City College, Hughes Stadium
- Saturday, June 6, 2020 – Hall of Fame Inductions, Alumni Awards & Alumni Dinner
- Friday, June 19, 2020 – La Salle Club Family & Friends Golf Tournament
Alumni events often rely upon volunteers and we can use more hands-on assistance. If you would like to lend your energy to helping our alumni events, please send an email to contact Alumni Director Yolanda Torrecillas at (916) 733-3608 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information.